Better Medicine is a brilliant collaboration of essays by some of Canada’s leading authorities in health care policy. Introduced and edited by Dr. David Gratzer, author of the award winning book “Code Blue”, and co-sponsored by AIMS, Better Medicine features academics, journalists, policy analysts, and physicians as they examine and analyse the past, present, and future outlook of Canada’s health care system. In addition to AIMS’ sponsorship role, Better Medicine includes an edited version of the Institute’s influential paper “Public Health, State Secret”. AIMS has constructed a page stemming from our main Healthcare site which contains information on how to obtain a copy of Better Medicine, as well as a four-part series on fixing Canada’s health care system composed of three excerpts from this prestigious new collection, and an editorial overview by Dr. David Gratzer.
- Newfoundland and Labrador faces fiscal crisis, other provinces should take note April 2, 2020
- Employers must be allowed to temporarily lay off workers during COVID crisis March 27, 2020
- New Brunswick budget tackles debt but eschews meaningful tax relief March 16, 2020
- Federal government making up fiscal rules on the fly January 7, 2020
- Nova Scotia’s health-care wait times among longest in Canada January 6, 2020