Our friends make things happen at AIMS.
Over the past year the Atlantic Institute for Market Studies (AIMS) has done exactly what our supporters asked us to do: provide free-market policy options and say the things that need to be said. Unlike any other research institute in the region, we stretched the limits of pre-existing ideologies by calling out policies which have hamstrung the region for far too long. We did this after making the Institute leaner and more efficient, and rebuilding our identity to fit the needs of Atlantic Canadians and those who support us.
Our standing in the region has never been stronger. In fact, already this year AIMS has been featured in the National Post for raising the issue of equalization and its overall impact on Atlantic Canada. If you haven’t read the article we strongly suggest you take the time to read it on our website.
If January is any indication of the year ahead for AIMS, we fully expect to be one of the region’s top performers when it comes to issues-based discussion. This leads us to the Friends of AIMS program, a value for money offering that is changing the way people and governments think across Atlantic Canada.
In the past, AIMS quietly made headlines by producing high quality research from some of Canada’s top policy experts. That will continue to be our biggest strength; however, over the past year we heard from a wide variety of Atlantic Canadians and business owners, young and old, new and engaged, who told us they wanted more from AIMS.
They asked for more opportunities to raise concerns; more ways to contribute to our policy and research efforts; and more ways to communicate with emerging groups. They were looking for a modernized vehicle to bring about change in the way of policy, and AIMS was their preferred choice to deliver that expertise.
We listened and immediately started planning to transform the way we do business. When all was said and done, we designed the Friends of AIMS program. The program provides tangible business benefits and also reflects the ideals espoused by AIMS’ supporters, which is a commitment to free-market principles and building the best economic environment for the Atlantic region. We are that INDEPENDENT voice needed so badly in this region.
So what do supporters get when they contribute to the Friends of AIMS program?
- Forward Freedom Digest: AIMS is launching a quarterly print and electronic digest covering insightful analysis on popular policy topics throughout the region. The digest is an advance electronic collection of papers, op-eds and media and will include one paper not yet published. Plan members will have their names printed on a Support page at the back of the digest, and we will highlight new industry-relevant trends important to our supporters;
- Tickets: Friends of AIMS plan members will receive two free tickets to the Purdy Crawford Chairman’s Dinner, or 20% off a table.
- Breakfast Networking and Discussion: networking breakfasts provide an opportunity for plan members to discuss timely, topical and regional interests and issues. Events are free and will be organized as an exclusive breakfast “get together” with plan members and relevant speakers on pertinent policy issues.
- Philanthropy: all donations are eligible for a charitable tax receipt;
- Connection to new, segmented audiences looking for a place to voice their support; and,
- Direct communication highlighting how donor dollars are spent to help improve economic and social policy in the region.
AIMS operates as charity that does not solicit or receive government funds, but works under a business model that delivers measurable policy outcomes. The consistent high profile media coverage of our research is evidence that our research penetrates the general public, and matters to key decision-makers in our communities.
The Friends of AIMS program is the best way to help bring to light the issues that need attention now.
We encourage you to visit our website at www.aims.ca to view our most recent publications, many of which have been featured in newspapers and broadcast media outlets across the country.
For more details on the Friends of AIMS program, please contact Marco Navarro-Genie by telephone at (902) 429-1143, or by e-mail at mng [at] aims.ca.
Friends of AIMS Events
A key element of the Friends of AIMS program is to educate and entertain. We seek to provide value to patrons of the Friends of AIMS program by bringing relevant and insightful speakers to our Friends of AIMS events. The inaugural event was held in November 2016, and addition events will unfold in the new year.
On January 30th, 2017 we will be hosting a breakfast talk entitled “The electricity angle and climate change” featuring Allan Fogwill, President and CEO of the Canadian Energy Research Institute. For more information, click here.
We will have additional events during the Spring of 2017, stay tuned to this page for details.
“Future prospects for Canadian exports” | Luncheon with the Deputy Governor of the Bank of Canada | 8 November 2016 | Prince George Hotel, Halifax