Whether it was the budget in New Brunswick, or that of Ottawa, or the one delivered in Nova Scotia – a key message for number crunchers was ignored during the budget season of ’07 – cut taxes.
Follow the links below to review comments written by AIMS experts and some influenced by AIMS’ work.
From the Nova Scotia budget:
From the federal budget:
- Finally, a limit on Ottawa’s Robin Hood act
- Renegotiate the deal later: Think tank boss
- Ding, Ding, Ding – It’s subsidy season
From the New Brunswick budget:
- Everything had been going so well . . .
- Premier blows his chance at self-sufficiency
- Taxes on the way up in N.B.
- No need for any increase at all
- Small business face $35m tax hit as rate rises to 5%
- Tough budget to strike balance
- Little ‘wiggle’ room in NB budget
- Mayor fears job cuts coming
- New Brunswick finance minister promises balanced provincial budget
From the Prince Edward Island budget: